Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I couldn't resist this post!

Ray Comfort wrote, in his Soap-box Blog:

"Do Christians make you nervous?"


That all depends on the individuals. Most Christians are just regular people, but then there are nutters whose behavior is aberrant, and who make normal people, even other Christians, feel nervous, in the same way that insane people make us nervous.

Ray continues:

"Are you afraid of our political aspirations?"


Only when those aspirations involve getting the death penalty for blasphemy, homosexuality, and other exclusively Christian offenses. Any Christians who ascribe to the doctrine of dominionism or Christian Reconstructionism are not to be trusted, because they are literally against democracy and the bill of rights.

Ray continues:

"Do you want to keep us out of the education system?"


Hell, no! If anything, you need more schooling to get over your ignorance.

Ray continues:

"Do you think we are narrow-minded and dangerous? I know that many of you do."


Again, this depends ont he individual. I've known many Christians who are open-minded and intelligent, as well as others who are narrow-minded and crazy. Can you guess which group I count you in?

Ray wrote:

"You think that we have an evil agenda, and you are concerned because we are everywhere, and that gives us political power. We are doctors, nurses, mechanics, scientists, pilots, authors, and some of us are even politicians."


I don't think that "Christians" have an evil agenda. I think that a minority group of Christians who are nutters, have ridiculous ideas and confuse reality with their delusions, and that's it. Sometimes, the delusions of these nutters are used by politicians, but for the most part, they don't do much harm, except for the tiny minority of nutters who bomb abortion clinics and assassinate doctors.

Ray wrote:

"Genuine Christians are really quite harmless. We are likened to sheep (see John 10), and sheep don’t normally attack people. I did a quick search on the Internet, using the search-words "Sheep attacks man," and only came up with two clips. One was a sheep following a boy rather than attacking him, and the other was funny more than anything."


The vast majority of Christians are average people, and they are harmless. Only a tiny minority of the nutters who call themselves Christians are any threat.

Sheep are really dumb, Ray. They're dumb as doorknobs (You should know that about sheep having lived in New Zealand, the sheep-farming capital of the world). Sometimes, the nutters resemble sheep too well. Baaaah. Baaaaaah...

Ray wrote:

"Dog’s are called "man’s best friend," yet they attack and sometimes kill people. It is estimated that two percent of the U.S. population, an amazing 4.7 million people, are bitten by dogs each year. Chimpanzees, elephants, bears, lions, tigers, and other animals attack and kill people. But sheep don’t."


Sheep don't bomb abortion clinics, assainate doctors, or call for the execution of heretics and homosexuals. So what's your point?

Ray wrote:

"So, Christophobians, lighten up. You may think that we are wolves in sheep’s clothing, but we’re not. We are not out to kill you, or bite you, or hurt you in the slightest."


What makes you think that we thought that? Are you projecting?

Ray wrote:

"We love you, and our deepest desire is for you to find the gift of everlasting life, and you will only find that by following the Good Shepherd."


Translation: We really wish you were just like us, because we think we're just the best people on earth! Baaaaaaaaaaaaah! Baaaah!

7 comments:

GamingAsshole said...

I say again, you should update your website. This awesome post shows that if you moved to a website and expanded this blog, you could become pretty popular on the internet. I think you were in the 90s (correct me if I am wrong) since I saw that the Jack Chick himself threatened to sue you at one time.

Reynold said...

If I remember correctly, it was in the nineties. I agree with GA, it'd be a good idea to do just that.

Though if you don't have the time because of job, commitments, etc.
I understand; I have job/time troubles too.

Rev. Don Spitz said...

You seem to imply there is something wrong if a babykilling abortion mill is burned or bomb. What do you prefer, dead babies or a pile of bricks? Innocent unborn babies deserve to be protected just as born children deserve to be protected. You would have no problem protecting born children if they were about to be murdered.

SAY THIS PRAYER: Dear Jesus, I am a sinner and am headed to eternal hell because of my sins. I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and to take me to heaven. Jesus, I ask you now to come into my heart and take away my sins and give me eternal life.

GamingAsshole said...

I prefer dead babies :)

Reynold said...

Drop the moral hypocrosy, "Rev Don Spitz"...if you were truly pro-life, you'd question why your god himself ordered the murdering of babies and pregnant women in the OT instead of handwaving it away like the brainless fools at Ray Comfort's blog do.

You do realize that any miscarriage that occurs today is just "god" killing off babies himself, right?

Why don't you protest in front of a church?

I've never seen so many god-damned crocodile tears as I do from those liars who call themselves "pro-life" then turn around and defend biblical genocide.

David W. Irish said...

Tasty, tasty babies...

Dag Yo said...

Just found your blog dave, great read.